If you’re looking to add a touch of class and sophistication to your home, wall paneling is a great way to go. Wall paneling comes in a variety of styles and materials, so you can find something that fits both your budget and your décor. This blog post will give you a brief overview of wall paneling, some trendy interior wall paneling ideas, and our top wall panel application tips to get you started!
What is Wall Paneling?
Wall paneling is simply a method of decorative covering for your walls. It can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, plastic, metal, or even fabric. These materials are available in a wide range of colors, textures, and patterns, so you can bring any interior wall panel design you fancy to life. Wall paneling is usually sold in easy to install panels, making it a cost-effective solution for your home renovations.
But among the choices, there are two most popular materials on the market: WPC vs PVC. What’s the difference between the two? WPC, or wood-plastic composite, is a mixture of wood fibers and plastic that is designed to mimic the look and feel of real wood. While PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, on the other hand, is a synthetic plastic material that offers more durability and weather resistance. Both materials offer a range of style options for paneling, but WPC wall panels tend to have more natural-looking finishes while PVC has a more contemporary appearance.
Once you’ve gotten your hands on high-quality wall paneling such as the ones from Decocity, there are infinite ways you can play around with them in your home. Let’s look at some of our favorite ideas for interior wall paneling.
Trendy Interior Wall Paneling Ideas
If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your home, consider incorporating some of these WPC wall paneling ideas into your interior design.
1. Mimic the look of a shiplap
Are you ready to give your home a refresh without breaking the bank? WPC paneling in a light wood tone is the perfect solution to add some texture to your walls. Not only does it give the appearance of a shiplap, but it also saves you the hassle and expense of having to paint.
2. Add interest to any room
Are you tired of the same old plain walls in your home or office? Consider shaking things up with WPC paneling in a bold print or pattern! Not only is this an affordable way to add personality to a space, but it also offers a unique touch that sets your room apart. From high-shine flat paneling to dynamic corrugated options, there are plenty of fun choices available.
3. Use it as low-cost wainscoting
WPC paneling is the perfect material to use in your home when creating wainscoting. Its durable design can withstand daily wear and tear, making it ideal for high-traffic areas such as entryways and dining rooms. Plus, its classic look adds a touch of elegance to any space. And because WPC paneling is easy to cut and install yourself, it’s a breeze to achieve this timeless style in your own home.
4. Take it to new heights
Want a truly unique interior wall paneling design idea? Use WPC paneling on your ceiling! This is a great way to add some accent to any room without spending too much. Seeing something unexpected like this on your ceiling is bound to impress your guests and have them talking about it for days to come!
5. Keep your secrets hidden
Why not install paneling to disguise a door leading into a secret room? The paneling adds dimension to your walls, while also seamlessly blending in with the rest of the décor. Plus, it serves as a subtle yet effective camouflage for the door itself. Not only does this add an element of intrigue and luxury to your space, but it also provides added security for any valuables, private items, or secluded spaces you may want to keep hidden away.
6. Go onward and upward
While traditionally seen as a utilitarian component of a home, staircases often take up a lot of visual space and can greatly impact the overall look and feel of a house. Why not utilize this unique opportunity to add some character and style to your home? Wall paneling is a fantastic way to do just that!
Whether you go for a sleek modern design or a more traditional, rustic look, wall paneling on your staircase can elevate the entire space. The added texture adds visual interest and helps define the area, making it feel like its own special part of the house.
Now that you have some unique and fascinating wall paneling design ideas to consider, let’s discuss the best practices for installing them.
Tips on Installing Wall Paneling
Installing wall paneling can instantly change the look of a room. However, it can also be a daunting task for those without experience. Follow these tips and your project will surely go off without a hitch.
1. When it comes to adding wall paneling to your home, the options can feel endless. To ensure the perfect fit for your space, take some time to really consider the style and design elements already present in the room.
Are you going for a rustic, cozy feel? Look for paneling with a distressed or reclaimed wood look. Is your home more modern and minimalist? Sleek, glossy panels may be the way to go. And don’t forget about color – think about how the paneling will complement (or contrast with) your current flooring, furniture, and décor choices.
2. When it comes to installing paneling, one of the most important steps is accurately measuring the area. This ensures that you have enough material for the project and can avoid any unwelcome surprises during installation. In addition to simply measuring the length and width of the space, be sure to account for any irregularities or fixtures that may affect panel placement. Remember: measure twice, cut once!
3. Purchase high-quality paneling. When it comes to wall paneling, you get what you pay for. The higher the quality, the better it will look and the longer it will last.
4. Ask for help if needed. Installing wall paneling is not a complicated process, but it does require some skill and knowledge. If you’re not confident in your abilities, ask a friend or family member for help or hire a professional to do it for you.
5. To keep your paneling looking its best, regular dusting and wiping down with a damp cloth are important. It’s also important to watch for spills or stains and clean them up promptly to prevent damage. If possible, avoid hanging heavy objects directly on the paneling as well to prevent dents or warping. And although paneling is easy to clean, be sure not to use harsh chemicals that could strip away any lacquer or finish!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add personality and interest to your home, wall paneling is a great option. With so many interior wall panel design possibilities, there’s sure to be a style that’s perfect for your space. And with our installation tips, you’ll be able to transform your room in no time.
If you need more help choosing the right wall paneling for your space, send us a message today! We’ll gladly assist you along every step from selection to installation.